Ceremonial Matcha Starter KitLifetime Warranty
- Discover Matcha the Traditional Way: Prepare ceremonial-grade organic matcha with the beautifully crafted utensils in this stylish matcha tea kit. This tea ceremony set provides long-lasting, clean energy and antioxidants, with an eye toward tradition.
- What’s Included: 30g ceremonial-grade matcha powder, matcha bowl (chawan), natural bamboo matcha whisk (chasen), whisk holder (chasen tate), bamboo scoop (chashaku), and sieve (chakoshi). Our matcha powder’s deep, earthy flavor profile will be enhanced by the natural flavors of the bamboo in this ceremonial tea set.
- How to Brew: To prepare a traditional matcha green tea, run one scoop Encha ceremonial matcha from your chashaku through the sieve into your matcha bowl, then vigorously whisk in 5 oz of hot water at 160°F. Enjoy the balanced flavor and health benefits of organic green tea.
- All-Day Energy, lifelong health: matcha powder is rich in theanine, which promotes alertness without the coffee crash. It’s also packed with antioxidants, which boost immunity and overall health.
- A Unique Gift: complete with the necessary utensils as well as our premium matcha powder, this ceremonial tea kit is a thoughtful, all-in-one gift that can be enjoyed daily. Whether it’s for someone who’s new to matcha or looking to make the switch from coffee, this tea set is the perfect gift. If you’re not completely satisfied for any reason, we’ll refund 100% of your purchase.
While the popularity of matcha-based drinks and snacks has soared in recent years, the practice of brewing and drinking matcha is a spiritual tradition that actually dates back to the 1500s. The chado, or Japanese tea ceremony, originated with Zen Buddhist monks as a means of enhancing meditation practices, but in time became a bonding experience between a host and their guest, a quiet moment of reflection and mindfulness, distinct from the bustle of everyday life.
It’s with this tradition in mind that we offer our Ceremonial Matcha Kit. Perfect for those new to matcha or an avid matcha drinker looking for an at-home setup, this kit includes all the appropriate utensils you’ll need to create a daily matcha ritual of your own.
Depending on desired strength, use the bamboo scoop (chashaku) to pour one or two spoonfuls of our premium-grade matcha powder through the sieve (chakoshi) into your matcha bowl (chawan). As you pour 160°F water over the fine powder, use the matcha whisk (chasen) to vigorously mix the water and powder until a smooth, velvety texture emerges. Return the matcha whisk to its whisk holder (chasen tate) to ensure it retains its shape.
Encha Matcha Tea Ceremonial-Grade is 100% organic and consists of the highest quality matcha green tea leaves. Our farm’s ecosystem depends on the delicate balance of the natural world, allowing us to grow tencha leaves without using pesticides or synthetic fertilizers. Our matcha organic leaves are shade-grown and plucked in the first harvest from our farm in the hills of Uji, Japan, giving them immense depth of flavor.
There’s no better way to enjoy this premium-grade matcha than with this beautifully crafted bamboo tea kit—a delicious return to tradition.
How to Brew
There are several ways to brew matcha. While there’s nothing wrong with simply blending it in your liquid of choice, many prefer to enjoy it using the traditional method.
Here’s how to brew matcha the traditional, ceremonial way:
Start by sifting the matcha powder through a strainer of some kind, if possible. Matcha tends to clump very easily, so sifting it will ensure better mixability.
Next, whisk 1 teaspoon of Encha (about 1 scoop) into 5 ounces of hot water. Rather than using a circular motion, you’ll want to whisk vigorously from side to side.
Now, just add more water, milk, or liquid of your choice.
That’s it! Now you’re enjoying matcha the ceremonial way that dates back thousands of years.
Ceremonial-grade matcha is designed to be used in the traditional Japanese tea ceremony, called chanoyu. It should be extremely high-quality, but Encha’s founder Dr. Li Gong quickly discovered that this wasn’t always the case with leading matcha powders on the market.
After falling in love with matcha and the associated tea ceremony, Li Gong tried various ceremonial-grade matcha powders from other premium brands. He found most of them lacking in quality, vivid color, and flavor. In particular, many were missing that delicate grassy note, indicating that they had likely been grown using synthetic chemical fertilizers.
This sparked our founder’s research journey across Japan. Ultimately, he was able to discover the one organic matcha farm that could deliver true ceremonial-grade matcha that satisfied his standards.
Our ceremonial grade sooth, full-bodied, delicately grassy, and never bitter. Sure to delight any matcha connoisseur.
Our latte-grade matcha has an earthy taste with a smooth, velvety consistency. No need to add sugar when combined with your milk of choice, our matcha powder for latte is slightly sweet and always delicious.
It’s vegetal and earthy, with a subtly sweet, nutty finish. It’s perfect for cooking, baking, or adding to smoothies.
Shipping and Returns
Orders arrive within 3-7 business days if you choose our standard shipping option, and within 2-3 days if you select expedited.
We offer free standard shipping for orders of $50+ for U.S. addresses.
Subscription orders come with free standard shipping.
Since organic matcha is a food item, we cannot accept returns for opened packages.
For unopened packages, we accept returns within 30 days of your purchase.
For more information, please visit our returns page.
By choosing the “subscribe and save” option above, you will receive an 18% discount on each individual package.
You can set a delivery schedule that works for you (ship once a month, or once every two months).
You can log in to your Encha account at any point to pause, change, or cancel your subscription.
For more details and help regarding subscriptions, please visit our dedicated subscription page.