Image provided by: Freepik
Hey there, fellow dessert lovers! Today, we've got a special treat for you that combines the best of both worlds – Matcha Macarons with White Chocolate Filling. These dainty delights bring together the rich, earthy flavors of matcha green tea and the lusciousness of white chocolate in a way that's sure to leave your taste buds dancing with joy.
If you're thinking, "macarons are too fancy for me to make at home," fear not! We're going to walk you through the entire process, step by step. So, whether you're a seasoned baker or just starting out on your culinary adventure, you'll be able to whip up these charming little treats right in your own kitchen.
These macarons are perfect for elevating your afternoon tea, impressing your friends and family, or simply treating yourself to a homemade delight. So, let's roll up our sleeves and get ready to create a batch of these sweet, little wonders!
What is a macaron?
Macarons (not to be confused with macaroons) are a delicate and dainty French confection. They consist of two almond meringue-based cookies, often with a smooth, glossy exterior and a slightly crisp outer shell. The unique feature of macarons is the soft, chewy interior, which provides a delightful contrast to the delicate outer layers. These cookies come in a wide variety of flavors and are often sandwiched together with a filling, which can range from buttercream, ganache, fruit curd, or in the case of this recipe, white chocolate.
Macarons are known for their beautiful and colorful appearance, making them a popular choice for elegant and stylish desserts, as well as in upscale pastry shops and cafes. Matcha macarons have become quite popular due to their beautiful green appearance, as well as the many health benefits of matcha, and the sophistication of macarons.
How to make matcha macarons
Recipe provided by @IDONTKNOWWHERETOEAT
Time: 2 Hours. Serves: 24 macarons
Matcha macaron ingredients:
- 75g almond meal
- 75g powdered sugar
- 5g Encha ceremonial-grade matcha
- 70g egg whites (about two eggs)
- 60g sugar
Matcha macaron directions:
- Preheat oven to 300ºF.
- Sift almond meal, powdered sugar, and Encha matcha together to make sure it’s fine and has no lumps. Set aside.
- Beat the egg whites until bubbles form and then add the sugar.
- Beat until stiff peaks form. You know it’s stiff peaks when you can put the bowl upside down and nothing will drip.
- Pour the sifted mixture into the egg whites and use a spatula to mix it together. It’s important to not over mix.
- Fold it gently until flour is incorporated into the egg whites.
- Keep folding until you’re able to draw an “8” figure with your spatula, then stop mixing! It should be like a lava consistency.This is important because this will determine if your macarons will have “feet”.
- Pour mixture in piping bags and pipe small circles onto a baking sheet and then let it dry. This can take up to an hour depending on the temperature of the room. You’ll know it’s dry when you touch the macaron and it doesn’t transfer.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes depending on the oven.
- Watch the “feet” on the macaron. You don’t want to have that turn brown otherwise the cookie is burnt.
- Once baked, take out and let it cool while you work on the filling.
White Chocolate Ganache Ingredients:
- 200g white chocolate chip 150g heavy cream
- 30g unsalted butter
- Warm up heavy cream and butter.
- Once warm (not boiling), pour over white chocolate for it to melt. If you want it to be matcha flavor, add about 1tsp of matcha powder.
- Let mixture cool in the fridge.
- Use a mixer to whip the mixture for about a minute to make it a bit fluffy. Don’t over mix or the cream will separate. And then fill the macarons 🙂
How many calories are in a macaron?
Depending on the size of the macarons and the amount of filling used, they can have up to 80 calories. The primary sources of calories in matcha macarons include the macaron shell and the filling. The filling contains most of the calories as it is made with white chocolate, buttercream, ganache, and other ingredients.
Encha Matcha Macarons
We hope you had a blast making our white chocolate matcha macarons, and we know that you will enjoy them with family, friends, and guests. Make sure to check out all of our products and read some of our other matcha recipes!
Have a recipe you'd like to share? Use Encha community hashtag #MyEncha on Instagram to be potentially featured!