Matcha Waffle Recipe: Vegan Gluten-Free Coconut Encha Organic Matcha Waffle
Encha Waffle: Organic Vegan Gluten-Free Coconut Matcha Waffle
Created by Dr. Gong, Encha Team
Make time: 15 minutes
Organic, Natural, Vegan, Dairy-free, Gluten-free
I forgot about waffle for a long time since I associated it with butter, cream, and heavy.
Now with Encha Organic Matcha and coconut oil, waffle is never the same again.
Only with high-quality organic matcha, your matcha waffle will look beautifully green, not yellow. Ready to make? Simple and delicious!
Ingredients: Serves 3-4 waffles
(feel free to request one free mini-Encha single packet in latte grade, from 1st harvest, when you order)
- 1.5 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1.5 cup coconut milk (adjust to match the density of your flour)
- Natural sweetener of your choice: e.g., organic maple syrup.
- Toppings you love: Blueberry, raspberry, coconut flakes, almond flakes...
- Add all dry ingredients to a large batter bowl and pour in the coconut milk.
- Blend them until smooth. An immersion blender blends them very well.
- Preheat your waffle maker and then spray it with olive or coconut oil.
- Cook batter according to your maker's typical cooking time (mine is about 5 mins).
- Your kitchen will be filled with the coconut aroma and the subtle toasty matcha flavor.
- Enjoy taking out the soft, beautifully green waffle, fresh off the grid.
- Definitely take time to decorate your Encha waffle with maple syrup, fresh raspberry, blueberry, blackberry, strawberry, shredded coconut flakes, almond flakes...Food party time!
Summer 2016 Update:
Summer breakfast for two: Encha waffle and iced matcha tea.
* Share your Encha waffle and organic matcha tea or latte on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter #MyEncha