We are a small farm with pride in our first harvest to produce the best Ceremonial-grade organic matcha from premium first-harvest leaves, and the only Latte-grade organic matcha from first-harvest leaves.
Please see Encha grade guide and determine if Latte-grade Encha suits your needs. Thank you for your understanding and support.*
Culinary-grade Encha Organic Matcha is from premium second harvest (late June) on our farm in the Uji mountains outside Kyoto, Japan. Our second harvest is before the summer heat hits the matcha green tea plants. Green tea plants will produce thicker and more bitter leaves from summer heat and throughout the autumn.
- Pure matcha green tea powder. USDA certified organic.
- No preservatives. Non-GMO. Gluten-free. Vegan.
- Serving size: 1 level tsp = about 2 grams (adjust to suit your need)
- Servings per 60g packet: 30 servings (last 15 days if two a day; 1 month if one a day)
- Enjoy one in the morning and one in the afternoon.
- It adds a subtle savory matcha taste and powerful antioxidants to make green smoothies even greener and healthier.
- It makes great bittersweet matcha latte when you add a tsp of honey, maple syrup or other natural sweetener.
- It adds a beautiful vibrant green color, a vegetal savory taste, and a slightly nutty texture to baking (waffle, pancake, cookies, cakes, and so on). You can say bye to artificial food coloring forever.
Health Benefits and Amount per Serving of 2 Grams
Second harvest is around late June in Uji, Japan. With more sun exposure than in 1st harvest, the matcha plants might develop less theanine and caffeine. Total catechins content is the same.
- Catechins: ~240mg (includes 120mg EGCG), a powerful antioxidant.
- Theanine: ~16mg, a precious amino acid almost unique to matcha. It increases mental calmness and focus over a long period of time.
- Caffeine: ~36mg. Improves alertness and energy level.
- The unique combination of caffeine and theanine may have the effect of making you feel alert and calm at the same time without jitter and sustaining the mental focus without crash. We call it Zenergy. Studies show its effects on improving mental clarity and cognitive performance.
Harvest: Premium 2nd harvest (late June), using the best, organically grown matcha leaves of the season.
Grinding: Dried leaves are refrigerated in the optimal temperature and ground into fine powder when we need it (usually on quarterly basis). Then it is air-shipped from our farm to Encha warehouse in California and stored in product refrigerators.
Storage: To avoid matcha powder puffing out, tap the Encha packet before opening or closing. Gently pinch the air out and seal tightly to close. This will help minimize air and moisture (oxygen and moisture will gradually oxidate matcha). Encha packet is very thick and blocks light well. Store your Encha packet in the refrigerator or in a dry, cool, dark place.
If you open and close a packet daily, finish it within 1 month ideally.
- Matcha green smoothie: add a tsp of Encha on top of green veggies and fruits. Then blend them all together.
- Matcha smoothie bowl: increase the density of texture by using less liquid or adding more banana or avocado and enjoy decorating your matcha bowl.
- Bittersweet matcha latte: froth culinary-grade Encha with a tsp of honey or other natural sweetener in your choice of milk (non-dairy milk is recommended)
- Matcha Nicecream (banana-based vegan ice cream): Blend Encha with banana together.
- Matcha healthy baking: add a tbsp of Encha to the dough, or sift and sprinkle 1/2 tsp on top of your cheesecake, tiramisu, and so on.