Encha is an exclusively-organic matcha brand. We literally practice “farm to cup” to ensure quality and safety, reduce trading layers, and support everyone in the community to have his/her perfect cup of organic matcha.
Encha Works Directly with the Farm for Quality AssuranceAfter Encha Founder (Dr. Li Gong) discovered an excellent organic matcha farm in Uji, Kyoto, Japan, we work directly with the farm. We have the visibility into the entire process, from growing to grinding, in matcha farming. Once Encha matcha is ground and seal-packaged in the farm, it doesn’t get opened again until you open it to enjoy its health nutrients and natural organic flavor.
Click here to see the independent reports which verify that Encha is USDA-certified organic and has no radioactivity.
Encha only offers pure and organic matcha powder from 1st and 2nd harvests. No additives, no preservatives.
What Exactly is Matcha?
Matcha is the fine powder ground up from whole green tea leaves. It is different from regular green tea in three aspects:
2. Mental Focus: Matcha has more theanine than regular green tea leaf because matcha plants are shade-grown for about 3 weeks before the harvest. Shaded growth gives matcha more theanine. Theanine with caffeine helps make us feel calm and alert at the same time – Zenergy.
3. Smooth Taste: Matcha tastes softer and smoother than regular green tea because stems were removed in processing and only leaf pulp is ground into fine powder. The higher amount of theanine also adds a softer taste.To understand more about these three benefits, read scientific studies reviewed in this article.
The reason is very simple. Tea leaves have no protection. You can't even rinse matcha powder. So we don’t want to ingest any harmful residues from pesticide and synthetic chemical fertilizer which are used in conventional farming. Only about 1% of teas sold in the U.S. is organic. The more we buy organic, the stronger demand signals we are sending to other farmers and the entire world to go organic.
• Bio-dynamic Ecosystem: Organic tea fields tend to be in a diverse bio-dynamic ecosystem like the Encha farm in the video.
• No Pesticide:You are more likely to see other plants like wild flowers next to organic tea plants, due to no pesticide.
• Natural Organic Fertilizer:Organic tea plants are fed with organic natural fertilizer (e.g., residuals of processed seeds and composted leaves and grasses).
See USDA site for the detailed requirements of organic farming.