Coco-Encha: Iced Coconut Milk Matcha Tea
Coco-Encha: The New Iced Milk Tea with Encha Organic Matcha and Coconut Milk
Created by Dr. Gong of Encha Team
Make time: 5 minutes
Organic, Natural, Vegan, Gluten-free
I never thought one of contributions I would make with Encha is revolutionizing the traditional cream-laden and sugar-laden iced milk tea. When I tried reversing the order of Encha Organic Matcha and coconut milk in the summer of 2015, I was mesmerized by the evanescent beauty of green Encha dancing into the creamy white coconut milk. Every second after you poured in Encha, the imagery changes. I don't need to say more about how much healthier it is than traditional iced tea or commercial boba tea. And it is so easy to make!
Ingredients (amount for one 12-oz serving):
- 1/2 tsp or 1 bamboo scoop of Encha Organic Matcha (vegan latte-grade Encha is the best choice in taste pairing. You could use ceremonial-grade Encha which would be more delicate; or, culinary-grade Encha if you add sweetener while whisking Encha.)
- 5 oz (2/3 cup) coconut milk
- 3 oz water at 160°F
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- Fill the glass with ice to 2/3 full.
- Pour in the cold coconut milk.
- Whisk or froth Encha with hot water until dissolved and frothy, about 15s.
- Pour Encha tea to the glass slowly.
- Enjoy the mesmerizing CocoEncha dance effect.