- Pure matcha green tea powder. USDA certified organic.
- No preservatives. Non-GMO. Gluten-free. Vegan.
- Serving size: 1 level tsp = about 2 grams (adjust to suit your need)
- Servings per 60g packet: 30 servings (last 15 days if two a day; 1 month if one a day)
- Enjoy one in the morning and one in the afternoon.
- It adds a subtle savory matcha taste and powerful antioxidants to make green smoothies even greener and healthier.
- It makes great bittersweet matcha latte when you add a tsp of honey, maple syrup or other natural sweetener.
- It adds a beautiful vibrant green color, a vegetal savory taste, and a slightly nutty texture to baking (waffle, pancake, cookies, cakes, and so on). You can say bye to artificial food coloring forever.
Health Benefits and Amount per Serving of 2 Grams
Second harvest is around late June in Uji, Japan. With more sun exposure than in 1st harvest, the matcha plants might develop less theanine and caffeine. Total catechins content is the same.
- Catechins: ~240mg (includes 120mg EGCG), a powerful antioxidant.
- Theanine: ~16mg, a precious amino acid almost unique to matcha. It increases mental calmness and focus over a long period of time.
- Caffeine: ~36mg. Improves alertness and energy level.
- The unique combination of caffeine and theanine may have the effect of making you feel alert and calm at the same time without jitter and sustaining the mental focus without crash. We call it Zenergy. Studies show its effects on improving mental clarity and cognitive performance.
Origin: Uji, Japan
Harvest: Premium 2nd harvest (late June), using the best, organically grown matcha leaves of the season.
Grinding: Dried leaves are refrigerated in the optimal temperature and ground into fine powder when we need it (usually on quarterly basis). Then it is air-shipped from our farm to Encha warehouse in California and stored in product refrigerators.
Storage: To avoid matcha powder puffing out, tap the Encha packet before opening or closing. Gently pinch the air out and seal tightly to close. This will help minimize air and moisture (oxygen and moisture will gradually oxidate matcha). Encha packet is very thick and blocks light well. Store your Encha packet in the refrigerator or in a dry, cool, dark place.
If you open and close a packet daily, finish it within 1 month ideally.