- Pure matcha green tea powder. USDA certified organic.
- No preservatives. Non-GMO. Gluten-free. Vegan.
- Serving size: 1 level tsp or 2 bamboo scoops = about 2 grams (adjust to suit your needs)
- Servings per 30g packet: about 15; Servings per 60g packet: about 30
- Enjoy 1 serving each morning and 1 serving after lunch.
Taste, Color, Aroma
Taste: A well-whisked bowl of ceremonial Encha tea starts with a smooth, clean and refreshingly-grassy taste, follows with a frothy, full-bodied and slightly nutty texture, and finishes with a subtle sweet vegetal taste.
- If a stronger taste is desired, use less water. If you have a sweet tooth, you might not like the grassy note in pure organic matcha with just water. Try matcha as latte. Please read the detailed description of Encha matcha grade differences.
- Serve hot for a warm, comforting and rich-bodied taste. Serve iced for a silky-smooth and super-refreshing taste. You can simply shake it with cold water and ice in a bottle.
Color: vibrant, bright and purely green
- Aroma: Sweetly grassy and toasty
- Note: Organic matcha differs from non-organic conventional matcha which uses synthetic chemical fertilizer to influence its taste
Health Benefits of Matcha and Amount per Serving of 2 Grams of Encha:
- Catechins: ~240mg (includes 120mg EGCG), a powerful antioxidant.
- Theanine: ~24mg, a precious amino acid almost unique to matcha. It may enhance mental calmness and focus.
- Caffeine: ~60mg ( = ~2/3 in an 8 oz cup of coffee). Improves alertness and energy level.
- The unique combination of caffeine and theanine may have the effect of making you feel alert and calm at the same time without jitter and sustaining the mental focus without crash. We call it Zenergy.
Origin: Uji, Japan
Harvest: Premium first harvest (May), ground from the most tender, organic matcha leaves
Grinding: Dried leaves are refrigerated in the optimal temperature and ground into fine powder when we need it (usually on a quarterly basis). Then it is air-shipped from our farm to Encha warehouse in California and stored in product refrigerators.
Storage: To avoid matcha powder puffing out, tap the Encha packet before opening or resealing. Gently pinch the air out and seal tightly to close. Encha packet is very thick and blocks light effectively. Store your Encha packet in the refrigerator or in a dry, cool, dark place.
If you open and close a packet daily, finish it within 1 month ideally.